Are you planning to sell your home? Then, you are probably looking for a life upgrade – a larger house, a more suitable location or you just simply need a change. Either way, you have to follow several steps in order to make sure this is really a decision that is going to improve your standard of living and not the opposite. Get yourself prepared because this may be more time-consuming and challenging than you have initially anticipated! People are going to walk around, criticize the house and do everything possible to get it at a lower price. Are you willing to take this as it is? This entire experience will be nerve-testing for you! Are you really prepared for what is due to come up next? Do you have a clear image of the process? There are several things you need to take into account before selling your home.
How to get your property sold in no time!
Getting to sell your home for top dollar and in due time has a lot more to do with the right preparation and the perfect timing. Don’t get me wrong, price is vital, but in some cases the presentation can persuade a potential buyer to make even more sacrifices and get over the price! There is nothing better than for you to have a strategy before listing your property. So here are some tips that will help you!
1. GET EMOTIONALLY DETACHED. First of all, you need to make sure this is the best decision for you. After that, you need to let your emotions at the door, it should stand now as a business for you. The goal? Selling the property faster and profitable. This is what you need to keep in mind – the reasons to stay motivated. The more you try to be objective, the better your chances to sell faster.
2. TIMING IS KING. Now that you have thought about the issue well and you know what this transaction implies, you need to decide upon the right time to take action. You must get your house on the market only when it is ready to receive visitors. The faster you want to sell the home, the lower your price can get. Why? Because you’ll most likely need to make compromises and therefore accept offers below your initial selling price.
3. GET YOUR PAPERWORK ORGANIZED. This will relieve the stress level. Gather all paperwork in one single place, including property records, owner’s manuals, building permits, warranties and other similar documents. Why? The future owner will probably need them and he/she may request them at a certain point! So get everything ready in advance in order not to panic in the latter part of the transaction.
4. GET A GOOD REALTOR. Even though you might think that you can save money by doing everything yourself, be realistic, this is not a viable and feasible solution. You need to work with a professional, who can save the hustle and bustle. He/she knows how to handle difficult situations. There are many Realtors out there, you need to find the one that is perfect for you. Make an appointment and discuss with that particular agent the terms and conditions of your collaboration. More than that, you must communicate efficiently! Your Realtor must inspire your trust, first of all!
5. REFRESH YOUR HOME. Get your home in top condition, de-clutter it, repaint it or make other improvements that can increase its selling price before you put it on the market. Cosmetic touches can actually boost its value. Make it ready for open house events, professionally taken photos and virtual tours. It needs to have curb appeal; in other words – it needs to look spectacular! Let natural light in, focus on neutral paint colors and get some fresh, clean smell, make it look homely & cozy. More than that, you can always ask for a professional’s opinion to make everything literally sparkle. There is a common saying – working with professionals cannot result in anything but good &real benefits!
6. GET YOUR HOME INSPECTED. You need to get off on the right foot – set the right price, market the house efficiently and use effective tools to promote it. You need an objective point of view. Evaluate your property and then fix its problems, cosmetic or functional upgrades too. What would you change if you were to buy it again? What are those problems that disturbed you while living here? If you have answers to these questions you know the starting point for what needs to be done before you attempt to sell the property.
7. GET IT INTO MOVE IN CONDITION. It must be clutter-free, nicely presented. Since the Number of houses that are on the market is high, you need to have a ‘wow factor’ to impress! This will help your property stand apart! It’s easy to understand why some come to the conclusion that sellers who don’t get involved in the process and expect things just to happen are throwing money down the drain. As a result, if you don’t know the basic rules on how to sell your home faster, it will only push you to an obvious result – not selling it at all. De-clutter the house before every single visit! You never know who will be the one that will buy it in the end!
BY Connie Meyerhoff , Engels and Volker, Snell Real Estate. Contact Connie at 001-480-393-0639 or write her at c.meyerhoff@snellrealestate. com.